Introducing the Home Office Workshop Shed
These days working from home is no longer out of the norm. With more and more companies outsourcing workers and many tasks done online, setting up a home office is increasingly common. But rather than work from your bedroom or in a noisy house, why not consider setting up an entirely separate space… in your backyard. Workshop sheds were generally designed for the more serious tradesperson, hobbyist or gardening guru. Because they are bigger than a timber shed, their versatility now suits many different needs and wants, including for those that are looking for a quiet space to work, plan or create.
In this post I am going to profile Matt’s Homes Home Office Workshop Shed. The home office allows a solid amount of natural light to brighten up your space and you have the option to purchase additional windows or skylights to maximise the amount of light that can get in.
The Home Office is a substantially sized and extremely functional Workshop Shed. Aside from using it as a home office, many customers also turn it into a studio space for creative projects or other purposes they have in mind. There is ample width and space for you to work and store your things, whilst still leaving it nice and roomy. Adding a verandah will of course give you even more space, plus an extra area to hang out before or after work. The verandah can also help transform the look of your workshop shed so it becomes more like a home cottage. Matt’s Homes offers the Home Office at a set size of 3.4m x 5.3m, however we can personalise your Home Office Workshop Shed with our range of optional extras.
Here’s what you get with the Home Office with Verandah.
* Please note building permits are required and can be organised by Matt’s friendly staff.
The Standard Kit at 3400mm x 5300mm (l) Includes:
- Fully engineered design for building purposes
- Gable finished roof in a choice of the full Colorbond® range
- Gutter kit complete with barge flashings and down pipes (not connected to stormwater)
- 2.4m high walls with 90mm structural F5 studs
- Steel bracing on both walls and roof
- 10 degree pitched gable roof with engineered roof trusses
- 2.1m steel framed timber door with heavy duty lockable handle and Jarrah trimming
- Beige sliding lockable Aluminium window (900 x 1200mm)
- Environmentally friendly non-arsenic based Tanalised Ecowood treated pine cladding
- Built in modular form, quick and easy to install
- Wall and roof sisolation
- Moisture resistant yellow tongue flooring, with I span joists
- Subfloor which includes kiln dried bearers and cypress stumps
- Includes 1 set of steps with 2 treads, depending on the elevation
- 2 rows of plinth boards
- The sub floor constructed for sites up to 300mm out of level
Plus Verandah includes:
- 1200mm wide verandah with subfloor & decking
- Kiln dried verandah posts
- Skillion verandah roof
* Please note prices do not include building or planning permits. Installation prices include roof plumber.
For a full list of optional extras, or to book a site inspection please contact one of our friendly staff at Matt’s.
* We delivery our kits AUSTRALIA wide – call 1300 62 88 77 for a quote.
Because the workshop shed is bigger than a classic timber shed, it needs to be engineered to meet Australian Standards and Building Codes. All workshop sheds require building permits so make sure your supplier can organise these for you to save time and hassle or allow time to organise this yourself. In addition, you can buy an easy to assemble DIY workshop shed or for an additional fee, organise your supplier to install for you so you can start work straight away.
If you are looking for a quality built timber workshop shed that is engineered to meet Australian Standards and Building Codes, with the added bonus of a full service being offered from building permits to installations then visit Matt’s Homes and Outdoor Designs in Bayswater, Melbourne. All timber workshops within the Matt’s Homes range are designed and constructed to uphold our commitment to style, function, durability and attention to detail – all at competitive prices. Our attractive timber workshop shed range is available in kit form, with prefab panels making it easy for any handyman to install or alternatively have one of Matt’s registered builders install your workshop for you, leaving you to plaster the workshop if you choose.
*Matt’s Homes are registered builders.